Fall is here, which means school sports season has officially begun! Before you head out to the next game, whether it’s soccer, football, volleyball, cross country… make sure you’re prepared with the 6 items on our checklist:
- Cheer. Be ready to shout your support for your child and their team for the whole game! For the dedicated fans, make sure you have your pom-poms and motivational signs loaded in the car for the next game.
- Snacks. Save money by bringing your own snacks. A granola bar or bag of trail mix can fight hunger to keep you happy and energized through the game. Bring extras for the athlete!
- Umbrella. Especially if the field is outdoors, be prepared for changing weather. Keep an umbrella or poncho in the car for sudden rain storms, and check the weather report before you leave so you’re prepared.
- Water. Cheering on your school team is hard work! Bring a bottle or two to stay hydrated and avoid getting horse, and have extra for the post-game refreshments for your athlete.
- First Aid Kit. Physical sports can take their toll on athlete’s bodies. Keep a first aid kit in your vehicle to tend to skinned knees, scrapes, and aches from sports events.
- Emergency Kit. Fall weather in Corpus Christi can change in an instant – make sure your vehicle’s emergency kit is packed with food, batteries, cash, ponchos, and a cell phone charger. If you find yourself in an emergency on the road, give us a call at 361.444.1355.
To make sure your vehicle is as prepared as you are for the fall high school sporting events, bring it into Dub’s Garage for a fall safety inspection! Our certified technicians will thoroughly inspect the key systems in your vehicle to let you know the exact condition of your vehicle, understand any recommended maintenance, and make the best decision for your car and your family. Schedule an appointment online or call 361.444.1355.