Posted November 23, 2016
Are you planning on traveling this Thanksgiving? If so, you’re not alone! More than 43.6 million Americans travel 50 miles or more during the Thanksgiving weekend, and 90% of those travelers (39.2 million) make the journey by car.
But before you hit the roads, be prepared! Long road trips are demanding of your vehicle. Make sure it is up to the task by stopping by Dub’s Garage in Corpus Christi. We will perform an inspection to make sure your vehicle will keep your family safe on the journey.
If you’re traveling by car this Thanksgiving, you’re in luck; our team has come up with these five travel tips to keep you safe!
1. Prepare with Preventive Maintenance: Simple maintenance can prevent many of the problems that strand motorists on the side of the road before you leave your home. Preparation is key! Before you leave home have a thorough inspection to make sure you don’t end up stranded.
2. Plan ahead: Before you get on a highway, know your exit by name and number and watch the signs as you near the off-ramp. Drivers making unexpected lane changes to exit often cause accidents.
3. Be aware of truck blind spots: When sharing the road with large trucks, be aware of their blind spots. If you can’t see the truck driver in his or her mirrors, the truck driver can’t see you.
4. Check the weather before you leave: Weather conditions across the U.S. will be changing – especially during early mornings and evenings. Watch for ice, snow and other weather-related obstacles.
5. Buckle Up: Safety belts reduce the risk of fatal injury by 45 percent and are a simple way to increase your safety on the road.
If you have any questions or concerns about your vehicle, stop by our auto repair shop in Corpus Christi and let our team of ASE-Certified mechanics ensure your vehicle is ready for your holiday travel. Stop by or request an appointment online.
We hope you arrive safely and enjoy your time with your family!
Previous Post « Most Common Car Care Problems