Posted October 21, 2016
Taking care of your vehicle is key to protecting your investment and saving money. Though it may be tempting to put off the “routine” maintenance in order to save a few dollars now, this can have a negative impact on your vehicle and cost you more money long term.
Through the years our auto repair shop has performed inspections on vehicles in Corpus Christi, we’ve seen a large number of vehicle issues. Here are some of the most common car care problems drivers experience:
- Dirty engine oil. Waiting too long between oil changes leads to premature engine wear. When the motor oil becomes too thick or dirty with contaminants, it can no longer perform it’s job as well. Your vehicle’s engine has to work harder and is at increased risk for damage.
- Leaking or dirty coolant. Low fluid levels in your vehicle usually indicate a leak. If coolant is collecting in the radiator or surge tank, it is not flowing through the engine where it belongs. Leaking or dirty coolant can cause the engine to overheat, which can cause further serious engine damage.
- Belts and Hoses. Due to the high heat environment of the engine, the plastic and rubber components like belts and hoses need to be replaced before they break. If these belts and hoses are dry, cracked, or brittle they can fail. Broken belts can cause major damage to the engine.
- Battery. Maintenance on battery cables, clamps and terminals are needed to keep your engine charged and ready to go. Especially after hot summer days, the battery terminals may show signs of damage or corrosion. Have our certified technicians inspect the condition of your battery before the cold sets in this fall.
- Low tires. Improperly inflated tires and worn tread can be a serious hazard on the road. If your tires are in poor condition, you are left at increased risk of a blow out or flat tire on the road. Improper tire condition, low tread, or under-inflated tires can reduce gas mileage and create uneven wear on tires.
Now is the perfect time to make sure that your vehicle is in top working order! Stop by Dub’s Garage for a comprehensive vehicle inspection. Our experienced technicians will make sure your vehicle can handle unpredictable roads this fall in Corpus Christi.
Previous Post « Driving on a Bald Tire isn’t Economical… it’s Dangerous!
Next Post Five Holiday Travel Tips »